Collaborations

Karim is often hired to work with other production companies, films, and clients such as Chris Burkard, Keith Ladzinski, Red Bull, Adidas, Cut Media, and Sunskis.

The following are some of the films Karim has worked on. 

 

Adidas
Drone Operator

Karim flew to a neighboring Hawaiian island to film Kevin Jorgeson doing his first Deep Water Soloing. 

 

Capitan Findus
Licensed drone footage

Findus, an italian based company, contacted us to license drone footage. The used several shots for their newest web commercial. Findus promotes and actively works towards a more sustainable way of sourcing food and fish, funding multiple projects that help ensure the future of our planet.
 

Adidas
Drone Operator

Claim Freedom - Realize you dream with adidas Outdoor
Adidas proudly presented their newest member of the Adidas Outdoor athlete family, Adrian Mattern with this inspiring portrait. Working with Cut Media and Pinc Solution, Karim spent one week in Oregon where he followed Adidas athletes conquering rivers and falls with his drone.

Prana
Drone Operator

Prana ambassadors Chris Sharma, Paul Robinson, Chadd Konig and Anna Ehrgott make their maiden voyage to Iceland. Known as the Land of Fire and Ice, the island does not disappoint, serving up drop-dead beauty and jaw dropping contrasts at every turn. Karim was there to document it from the air with his drones.
 

Sunski Sunglasses
Drone Operator, Land & Underwater Cinematographer  

A portrait on Marina Daian, a sunski ambassador, who might be the closest thing to an actual mermaid. 

 

Rise Up As One - Human
Licensed drone footage

Rise Up is the social impact unit for Univision and Fusion Media Group. Their goal is to have measurable social impact on the most pressing issues in America today facing Hispanics, people of multicultural backgrounds, and young people.
Karim Iliya provided them with premium quality aerial footage for the above video, announcing their charity concert in 2016.

New Zealand by Drone - On the road with Chris Burkard
Drone operator

in 2015 Karim traveled to the Wanaka region of New Zealand with Chris Burkard to shoot aerial video and photography. They spent 8 days in the region and filmed 90% of the drone footage on a DJI phantom 2 with no screen. The other 10 % was on an DJI inspire 1. This is part 2 of the video episode series called On the Road with Chris Burkard.

Thread Caravan Guatemala
Drone operator, & Cinematographer

A collaboration with Thread Caravan Global Art Retreats. Showcasing their guatemala retreat. 

48 Hours festival
Director & Videographer
This short video was produced in 48 hours from its concept to its editing. It took part in the 48 Hours Film Festival 2011 in New Zealand.  The team of 20 was led by Daniele and Leonardo Lima, made up of Architecture and Design students from Victoria University and Media Study students from Massey University of Wellington.

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG - More Than Me
Drone Operator

It all started with a girl. At 11 years old, she was selling herself for clean drinking water, when all she really wanted was to go to school. More Than Me was a school founded in Liberia to meet her needs. They opened a school, the MTM Academy, for 150 girls and saw major progress. Then Ebola hit. The world didn’t act quickly enough, and they knew they had to fight to save her life.